Any male is eligible for membership. The fraternity is entitled to single-gender membership under the provisions of Section 86.14 of the regulations promulgated under Title IX of the US Educational Act Amendment of 1972. The specific requirements are:
- Matriculation in an accredited four year, degree-granting institution of higher education
- Good academic standing in accordance to the mission of the organization
- Willingness to work in teams
- Strong commitment to friendship and brotherhood
- Initiative to serve the community and humanity as a whole
The requirements must be satisfied in order to be properly initiated into the induction process. During the process, candidates undergo training that enhances their leadership, networking, teamwork, professional, and organizational skills. The ultimate goal of the process is to train candidates to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the organization.
From ФIA Policy & Procedures:
No chapter, colony, student, alumnus, or employee of the Fraternity shall conduct hazing activities. Hazing activities are defined as: "Any action taken or situation created, intentionally, whether on or off Fraternity premises, to produce mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment, harassment, or ridicule."
If you would like more information please fill out our Contact Form.