Who We Are
Membership in Phi Iota Alpha Latino Fraternity is a life-long commitment to the Latin American culture. It involves intellectual development, cultural consciousness, personal growth, personal achievement and social awareness.
Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity believes that the Latin American community here in the United States and in the Latin American countries are in need of new sources of intellectual capital to identify, address and solve the difficult challenges they face. Therefore, it is dedicated to developing in its members an awareness of the common values and traditions of the nations of Latin America and to preparing them to become active participants in the process of advancing the social and economic conditions of all Latin Americans.
Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity strongly encourages scholarship through the pursuit of undergraduate degrees, advanced degrees, and the attainment of professional credentials that strengthen its individual members. However, it also guides them to craft a new vision that moves beyond the attainment of personal and professional goals, so that they may contribute to the larger good of the community through individual acts and deeds.
The most distinguishing feature of Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity is that it instills in its members a Global Latino perspective. This is an orientation that transcends the existing national boundaries that have separated Latin America. It builds on the spirit and traditions of Pan-Americanism, and supports and promotes actions leading to an eventual unification of all the countries of Latin America.
- Promotion of personal, community, and Pan-American development through the ideals of Bolivar and Marti as well as other Pan-American intellectuals and their philosophies;
- Creation of a Latin American consciousness;
- Intensification of education with a Latin American character;
- Economic and social mobilization of Latin American communities globally;
- Intensification of contact between Pan-American Countries with the intention of forming a unified network of professional and economic contacts in order to ultimately achieve the unification of Latin America;
- Conservation of the integrity of the Latin American character.
- Rejection of war and violence as a means to achieving "La Unión De La Patria Latino Americana.”
La Unión De La Patria Latino Americana