Undergraduate Advisory Board Committee
The Undergraduate Advisory Board provides advice to the Executive Director on policies, procedures and opportunities in the growth and maturation of the undergraduate brothers. The Executive Director will bring issues to the Advisory Board for discussion and recommendations; the members of the Advisory Board can also bring ideas, issues and suggestions to the board or meet with the Executive Director between meetings.
- Five undergraduate brothers
- One from each province (Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Western)
- Executive Director
- Director of Membership Services
- Undergraduate Manager
Board members serve a one-year term on an academic year rotation. The Executive Director will serve as an advisor to the board. An undergraduate brother is elected as Chair of the board annually at the April meeting for the upcoming academic year.
Board Member Expectations
- Attend monthly meetings
- Active participation on an Advisory Board
- Monthly conferences calls
- Attended Provincial/Regional events/meetings
- Stay current with the communications from the fraternity
- Act as an ambassador of Phi Iota Alpha, advocating for our programs and sharing our messages while represent the Phi Iota Alpha values and ideals
- Complete the Evaluation and re-establish goals once a year
- Ability to relate effectively with members of all ages
- Facilitation skills/experience
- Communication Skills
- Well-known and respected in their province
- Willingness to work under the general guidance of the Executive Director, Undergraduate Manager and Province Governor
Board Meeting Schedule
Undergraduate Advisory Board will meet monthly with the option for additional meetings if requested by the chairperson or the Executive Director.
Undergraduate Advisory Board and the Executive Director can create committees of the Advisory Board for special projects. The committee meetings will meet as necessary in between the regular scheduled full Advisory Board meetings.
Board Member Requirements
- 2.7 Cumulative GPA
- Sophomore or above
- Reside in one of the five Provinces (Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Western)
How to Apply
- Fraternal Resume
- Professional Resume
- Letter of Intent (1 page limit single spaced) We recommend your letter touch on some or all of these important topics:
- Please tell us briefly how your background and experiences contribute to perspectives you would bring to the committee.
- What makes Phi Iota Alpha special to you?
- From your perspective, what would be a successful outcome of this committee?
- Please give us a brief example of a time you worked in a group with various viewpoints and communication styles. How did you support understanding among the group and help promote action?
If you have any questions please contact Francisco Lugo, Executive Director at (210) 617-3423 or via email email@example.com.